Young Adult and Adult Therapist via Telehealth Online in California
Why Should I See A Therapist?
Life is ever changing. There may come a time in our lives where we feel sad, tearful, alone, helpless, unfulfilled, or paralyzed by pain, fear, or grief. As a culture, we are taught to suppress our emotions. We would do anything and everything to distract ourselves as opposed to diving in. We’re firm believers that our bodies hold our emotions, experiences and traumas. What would it be like to sit with ourselves? If we turn within, we can find the resources to deal with any problem and we can create a life of satisfaction, love and joy. Therapy provides a safe space for processing and understanding our life experiences, diving into our feelings, and exploring who we are in relation to the world.
The Benefits of Therapy
Each person’s reason for coming to therapy may be different. I work with young adult and adult therapy clients who are dealing with a variety of issues, including but not limited to:
- Stress and Anxiety: Anxiety can arise unexpectedly. Anxiety may look like low self-esteem, self-deprecation, overwhelm, work stress, or relational worries. Anxiety may even show up somatically, causing us chest pain, migraines, stomach aches, and insomnia. Using modalities such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic Theory, Mindfulness Based Techniques, and Art Therapy can aid in understanding and exploring the sources of anxiety, facing the maladaptive thoughts/cognitions associated with the anxiety, and providing tools and techniques for self-acceptance and self-regulation.
- Trauma and PTSD: Trauma presents itself in all shapes and sizes. There are various forms of trauma. Little T Trauma can be anything from a car accident, a break up to divorcing parents. Big T Trauma can be emotional neglect, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual assault or abuse. Trauma and PTSD may look like anxiety, panic, hypervigilance, alertness, fear and dysregulation. Therapy helps those who experience trauma or PTSD make sense of their feelings and experiences, process their trauma, and learn coping mechanisms. I am trained in both EMDR and Brainspotting, both effective healing techniques to explore and process trauma.
- Life Transitions: When we go through any life-changing experience or transition, from entering new relationships to breaking up with a partner, significant career changes, marriage and child birth, or a death of a loved one, these powerful changes can trigger an array of emotions and reactions. Therapy can provide a safe space to process our thoughts and feelings.
- Loss and Grief: Experiencing loss is an unfortunate process of life. Grieving is commonly associated with an assortment of feelings including sadness, anger, guilt, shame and regret. This can be disorienting and distressing. Therapy may be helpful exploring and understanding the various ways we experience grief and loss.
- Relationship Issues: Relationships are fruitful and require hard work. Sometimes in relationships we may lose our sense of self or individualization. We may find ourselves repeating an emotional childhood wound. We lose our way of communicating with our partner. When relationship problems begin to interfere with day to day functioning and overall mental health, it’s time to seek the additional support or counseling. Individual therapy can help you understand yourself and your relational patterns on a deeper level and may further help you find boundaries and ways to communicate with your loved one.
- Open Relationships or Polyamory: Are you and your partner trying to explore other ways to obtain what you need? Therapy may help you and your partner structure guidelines when forming an open relationship or polyamorous relationship.
- Divorce: Divorce may be a hard and difficult decision. It can be a very complicated life transition to navigate, especially if children are involved. Individual and Couples therapy is helpful for those who are discussing and dealing with divorce. It provides a space to differentiate and understand the layers of emotion (anger, sadness, regret, frustration, and loss) that arise and help you gain more clarity and grounding.
Book a California Telehealth Session With Us
We provide online therapy to adolescents, young adults, adults, couples and families in California (including but not limited to the Greater Los Angeles Area (Beverly Hills, Topanga Canyon, West Hollywood, Malibu, Venice, Santa Monica, South Bay), San Diego, Santa Barbara, Santa Francisco, Silicon Valley). We are LGBTQIA+/Poly/ENM/Kink affirming. We specialize in trauma and PTSD, anxiety and stress, relationship issues, career burnout, cultivating creativity and life transitions. We utilize techniques such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Gottman Method, Psychodynamic Theory, Mindfulness, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), and Brainspotting. You may contact us by phone at (424) 274-0518 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org